October 2019 Updates for Power BI Desktop
15 October 2019
The latest update provides improvements in several areas. In the data preparation area, Microsoft has introduced query diagnostics, which allow you to see which queries are being run behind the scenes. On the reporting side, real-time reporting has been improved, with a new automatic page refresh feature. And then there’s Q&A – which has also been revamped, with a new Q&A visual, tooling and an improved user experience.
Here’s the complete list of October updates:
- Automatic page refresh for DirectQuery (Preview)
- The new Q&A visual
- Improved user experience for Q&A
- Natural Language improvements for Q&A
- Q&A Tooling (Preview)
- Support for SSAS and Azure AS including RLS
- PowerApps visual now included by default
- New xViz visuals
- Sagra Emigo connector Generally Available
- Azure Cost Management connector updated
- New Workplace Analytics connector
- Query Diagnostics
- Data profiling enhancements
- Project Web App
- New file format: .pbids
- Performance improvements for modelling operations.
As always, we'll be detailing these updates in our next (November) newsletter. Please remember we have training in Power BI which you can find out more about here. If you are not already a subscriber, why not sign up at the bottom of any SumProduct web page? And don't forget to download the latest version of Power BI Desktop here too.