Not Just for the Here and Now
Business planning requires optimising scarce resources, not just now but in the short, medium and long-term too. Are you maximising your bang for buck when it comes to the cash investments, assets used, staff hired?
SumProduct can assist with budgeting and forecasting – key tools in the planning process.
Time and again businesses have failed because:
- Management has reacted rather than been proactive
- Cash wasn’t controlled before it controlled the businesses
- Profitable businesses expanded too rapidly with insufficient cash (“overtrading”)
- Budgets were inadequately prepared
- Forecasts were not developed accurately enough.
SumProduct has the experience and expertise to develop the tools required to avoid these pitfalls and develop a successful business / operational plan. We can assist with:
- Preparing forecasts key stakeholders (managers, staff, customers, shareholders) will buy into
- Understand the nature of your key costs (variable, fixed, stepped) and how it affects the operating leverage of your business
- Assist with allocating costs appropriately (e.g. Activity Based Management, Avoided Costs, Standard Costing)
- Agree the key outputs for business measurement and identify the critical success factors
- Assess your capital structure, determine your cost of capital and implement appropriate investment appraisal techniques
- Perform ratio analysis, Balanced Scorecards and other dashboard metrics in order to interpret key risks facing your business.
Contact us for a health check on your business today.