October 2017 Update for Power BI Desktop
13 October 2017
October sees another key feature from the Microsoft Data Insights Summit make its first appearance: bookmarking, albeit in Preview. Combined with September's drillthrough feature, bookmarking provides powerful storytelling capabilities and highly interactive reporting. There's also the usual visual improvements and a significant update for the quick measures feature.
In summary, here's the complete list of October updates:
- Bookmarking (preview)
- Selection pane and visual display controls
- Bookmark links for shapes and images (preview)
- Scatter & bubble markers
- Increase the number of data points shown in scatter charts
- Quick measures for SSAS live connections
- Sales from new customers quick measure
- Cell-level formatting for multidimensional AS models
- Vertica connector (beta)
- SAP BW connector: support for additional member properties
- Power BI Desktop in the Windows Store
- Improved access to help content.
As always, we'll be detailing these updates in our next newsletter (November). We even have training in Power BI which you can find out more about here. If you are not already a subscriber, why not sign up at the bottom of any SumProduct web page? And don't forget to download the latest version of Power BI Desktop here too.