November Power Query / Get & Transform Updates
2 December 2016
Yes, it's that time of the month again. Well, sort of - it's December and the November updates for Power Query (Excel 2010 and Excel 2013) / Get & Transform (Excel 2016) are now available. Microsoft has proudly announced the following new and / or improved data connectivity and transformation features as follows:
- Web Connector—UX support for specifying HTTP Request Headers
- OData Connector—support for “Select Related Tables” option
- Oracle Connector—improved Navigator preview performance
- SAP HANA Connector—enhancements to parameter input UX
- Query Dependencies view from Query Editor
- Query Editor Ribbon support for scalar wales
- Add custom column based on function invocation
- Expand & Aggregate columns provide support for “Load More” values
- Convert table column to a list—new transformation
- Select as you type in drop-down menus.
It's too late to detail these in our December newsletter (already out), but we will happily go through them in next month's opus. In the meantime, you can check out the new features here. If you want to find out more about Power Query, feel free to drop us a line at email@example.com (we have a training course coming up in Sydney VERY soon!).