November 2019 Updates for Power BI Desktop
15 November 2019
There were some major updates this month. There’s a new, modern Ribbon that aligns Power BI Desktop with Office and adds more functionality. There’s a new visualisation too: the decomposition tree, which is one of the most requested ideas out there on the interweb thingy. AI functions have also been integrated into Power Query allows you to enhance your data transformations, plus the usual odds and sods.
Here’s the complete list of November updates:
- Modern Ribbon (Preview)
- Decomposition tree visual (Preview)
- Conditionally format button formatting
- ArcGIS Maps for Power BI update
- New xViz visuals: Advanced Gauge and Hierarchical Filter
- ZoomCharts Drill-Down Waterfall Visual
- Financial Reporting Matrix by Profitbase
- LinkedIn Sales Navigator connector
- Edit SAP variables experience now Generally Available
- Vena connector
- SiteImprove connector
- Product Insights connector
- Web By Example connector – support for extracting links
- AI functions in Power Query (Preview)
- LinkedIn Sales Navigator for Sales Operations.
As always, we'll be detailing these updates in our next (December) newsletter. Please remember we have training in Power BI which you can find out more about here. If you are not already a subscriber, why not sign up at the bottom of any SumProduct web page? And don't forget to download the latest version of Power BI Desktop here too.