Another month, another list. Not that we are complaining! Microsoft has just released its latest Power BI Desktop updates. This time out, drill through and conditional formatting seem to have had the greatest overhaul, whilst there’s also changes to one of our favourites, Add Column From Examples.
The full list for May is as follows:
- Conditional formatting by a different field
- Advanced slicer synchronising
- Log axis improvements
- Data label options for funnel chart
- Set line stroke width to zero
- Measure drillthrough
Power BI Premium
- Incremental refresh (Preview)
- Collage by CloudScope
- Chinese Color Map
- New “From Web” connector: by example data extraction (Preview)
- Common Data Service for Apps connector (Beta)
- Azure KustoDB connector (Beta)
- Google BigQuery and Azure HDInsight Spark connectors now Generally Available (GA)
- Adobe Analytics connector update: support for multiple domain logins (Preview)
- Visual Studio Team Services connector update: analytics views support
- OLE DB connector update: support for alternate Windows credentials
- SAP BW DirectQuery connector update: improved technical name support
- Improvements to Add Column From Examples.
As always, we'll be detailing these updates in our next (June) newsletter. Please remember we have training in Power BI which you can find out more about here. If you are not already a subscriber, why not sign up at the bottom of any SumProduct web page? And don't forget to download the latest version of Power BI Desktop here too.