It's been five months since the last updates, but finally, there's an announcement of new refinements / updates to the Extract, Transform & Load (ETL) tool.
It should be noted that these updates are available as part of an Office 365 subscription. However, if you have Excel 2010 or Excel 2013, you can also take advantage of these updates by downloading the latest Power Query for Excel add-in. The jury’s out presently about how the updates will go through the Excel 2016 “perpetual” edition.
The following new features and improvements have been introduced in this release:
- Add Column From Examples enhancements
- Always Use Connection File support
- ODBC Connector enhancements
- Support for alternate Windows credentials in OLEDB connector
- OData V4 Connector enhancements
- Port selection in SAP HANA connector.
As always, we'll be detailing these updates in our next (August) newsletter. Please remember we have training in Power Query / Get & Transform which you can find out more about here. If you are not already a subscriber, why not sign up at the bottom of any SumProduct web page?