OK, so supposedly out in late August but only across our desk now, we thought we ought to bring you up to speed on the latest features to the ever-improving Power Query (Excel 2010 and Excel 2013) / Get & Transform (Excel 2016). There’s eight of them in fact:
- Enhanced SAP HANA connector—allow multi-select of values for variables and parameters
- Enhanced OData connector—option to import Open Type columns from OData feeds
- Enhanced Access DB connector—new Select Related Tables button to “” in the Navigator dialog box
- Option to generate Step Names in English within the Query Editor
- Description for Query Steps within the Query Editor
- Extract Week, Day or Month name from a Date / Time column from the Query Editor
- Merge Dates and Times into a Date / Time column from the Query Editor
- Extract Start / End of Hour from a Date / Time or Time column from the Query Editor.
We'll go through them in October's newsletter (if you are not already a subscriber, simply join up at the bottom of any of our web pages). In the meantime, you can find more details here or else drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org.