June 2017 Updates for Get & Transform / Power Query Add-In
3 July 2017
Well better late than never... Microsoft claims they got these out in June - but we've only heard about them in early July! For this month's updates for Get & Transform (Excel 2016) / Power Query (Excel 2010 and 2013), there's eight new updates. Come on guys, are you really trying?
These updates include the following new transformation features and improved data connectivity features:
- Add Column by Example
- Split Column (by Delimiter / Number of Characters) into rows
- Basic mode for Group By operation
- Extract Text Before / After / Between Delimiters
- Unpivot Only Selected Columns
- Combine Files experience—ability to reference first file as example
- New Go to Column in Query Editor
- SAP HANA Connector—enhancements to Parameter Input UX.
These updates are available as part of an Office 365 subscription. If you are an Office 365 subscriber, find out how to get these latest updates. If you have Excel 2010 or Excel 2013, you can also take advantage of these updates by downloading the latest Power Query for Excel add-in.
You can find out more in August's newsletter (sorry - it was too late for July's). If you are not already a subscriber, simply enter your details at the bottom of any SumProduct web page.