July 2017 Update for Power BI Desktop Out Now
18 July 2017
July saw in the usual myriad of new updates for Power BI: it's clear the Power BI Desktop train is not slowing down anytime soon. There were many updates to reporting and data connectivity.
In summary, the following updates have been released:
- New table and matrix visuals are now generally available
- Renaming fields in visuals
- Custom visuals store integration
- Relative date filters
- Responsive layout for visuals (preview)
- New waterfall chart option - breakdown
- Custom visual updates:
- Drilldown Choropleth
- Drilldown Cartogram
- Drilldown Player
- Certified custom visuals
Analytics and Modelling:
- Quick Measures from the community:
- Star rating
- Concatenated list of values
- Bidirectional cross filtering for DirectQuery is now generally available
- Snowflake connector general availability
- Add Column from Examples further enhancements.
As always, we'll be detailing these updates in our next newsletter (August). If you are not already a subscriber, why not sign up at the bottom of any SumProduct web page? And don't forget to download the latest version of Power BI Desktop here too.