Excel 2016 July Updates
11 July 2016
Last week saw some updates / additions to Excel 2016, chiefly for Office 365 (yes, Microsoft continues to try and sway you to buy a subscription). The key updates this month include:
- Shape recognition: Automatically transform your drawings into shapes
- New connectors: Create a query using options from the new Online Services category including connectors to SharePoint Online, Exchange, and SAP HANA
- PivotTables with OLAP connections: Improved the performance when you create, edit, and refresh PivotTables with OLAP connections
- Data transformation improvements: Convert duration values to years, support for white space and line feeds in Query Editor preview, as well as rename queries directly from the Queries pane
- Data connectivity improvements: Detect jagged CSV files, support for authentication with a Microsoft account when using the Exchange connector, as well as validate URLs provided by users when trying to connect to their SharePoint List.