December 2017 Update for Power BI Service
18 December 2017
Microsoft has taken a while to announce the updates, but they have been busy behind the scenes with more updates for the Power BI Service. In summary, here's the latest additions:
- Selective publish for Power BI apps
- External user distribution with Azure Active Directory B2B
- Improved workspace management with Premium
- AI-powered app recommendations
- Dashboard on-tile updates
- E-mail subscriptions for apps
- Single-sign on for SQL Server, Teradata and SAP HANA
- High availability for gateways and more in the recent on-premises update
- Granular control for Publish to Web.
As always, we'll be summarising these in an upcoming newsletter. Unfortunately, due to the late announcement and the seasonal printing deadlines, we won’t be able to report in detail until February’s newsletter – presumably with any more updates that come through in the meantime too.
Do remember though that have training in Power BI which you can find out more about here. If you are not already a subscriber, why not sign up at the bottom of any SumProduct web page? And don't forget to download the latest version of Power BI Desktop here too.