Convert Word Documents to PowerPoint Presentations
20 March 2021
What!? Not Excel or Power BI!? I have to mention this piece of news, because this – if it works (caveat, caveat) – will be brilliant. With Office Insiders, you can now transform Word documents into PowerPoint presentations. I cannot tell you how much of my life I have wasted on this transformation!
When you use the Transform command, it creates a presentation based on all the summarised sections of the document (yes, I am not quite sure what that means either…). It also adds imagery, icons, videos, themes and fonts using Artificial Intelligence.
To convert your Word document into a PowerPoint presentation:
- open any document you want to convert into a presentation in Word for the web
- click File -> Transform -> Transform to PowerPoint presentation
- when prompted, choose a design theme for your presentation
- click ‘Open presentation’ to review the results in PowerPoint for the web
- the presentation will be created in your OneDrive root folder.
Transform your document to PowerPoint presentation is available in Word for the web to the First Release audience, and will be rolled out to all web users slowly but surely. It should also be noted that this feature is currently only available in English and is not available for Internet Explorer (isn’t that a Microsoft product?) and Safari browsers. Presently, this feature only supports text content for the transformation to presentation; other media content support is not currently available. However, you may also add your own media to the presentation after you have transformed your Word document.