August Update for Get & Transform / Power Query
3 September 2016
OK, so supposedly out in late August but only across our desk now, we thought we ought to bring you up to speed on the latest features to the ever-improving Power Query (Excel 2010 and Excel 2013) / Get & Transform (Excel 2016). There’s eight of them in fact:
- Enhanced SAP HANA connector—allow multi-select of values for variables and parameters
- Enhanced OData connector—option to import Open Type columns from OData feeds
- Enhanced Access DB connector—new Select Related Tables button to “” in the Navigator dialog box
- Option to generate Step Names in English within the Query Editor
- Description for Query Steps within the Query Editor
- Extract Week, Day or Month name from a Date / Time column from the Query Editor
- Merge Dates and Times into a Date / Time column from the Query Editor
- Extract Start / End of Hour from a Date / Time or Time column from the Query Editor.
We'll go through them in October's newsletter (if you are not already a subscriber, simply join up at the bottom of any of our web pages). In the meantime, you can find more details here or else drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org.