April 2017 Updates for Get & Transform / Power Query Add-In
18 April 2017
Get & Transform (Excel 2016) / the Power Query add-in (Excel 2010 and 2013) have had their monthly updates put through. April’s improvements cover five new data transformation and connectivity features.
These updates include the following new or improved data connectivity and transformation features:
- Support for the same file extensions in Text and CSV connectors
- ODBC and OLE DB connectors: support for ‘Select Related Tables’
- Enhanced Folder connector: support for ‘Combine Binaries’ from the ‘Data Preview’ dialog box
- New ‘Change Type Using Locale’ option in ‘Column Type’ drop-down menu inside the Query Editor
- New ‘Insert Step After’ option in ‘Steps’ pane inside the Query Editor.
We'll provide more information in our May newsletter (if you are not already a subscriber, simply fill out the form at the bottom of any SumProduct web page).
You can find out more about Power Query, Power Pivot and Power BI on one of our training courses. Visit >here for more information and to book today.