2017's First Updates for Get & Transform / Power Query
10 February 2017
In total, six new data transformation and connectivity features have been announced. For Excel 2016, they are available as part of an Office 365 subscription. For earlier versions, you simply need to download the latest version of the add-in (see link above).
These updates include the following new or improved data connectivity and transformation features:
- New OLE DB connector
- Enhanced “Combine Binaries” experience when importing from any folder
- Maximize / Restore buttons in the Navigator and Query Dependencies dialogs
- Support for percentage data type
- Improved “Function Authoring” experience
- Improved performance for OData connector.
You can read more here. We'll also detail these updates in our next newsletter too (if you aren't already a subscriber, feel free to join by entering your details at the foot of any SumProduct web page). If you want to find out even more about Power Query, check out our Wednesday blogs and / or consider one of our >upcoming training courses too.