This course builds on the skills acquired in our Financial Modelling 101 course and applies these to the more technical aspects of financial modelling, which are utilised within the realm of mergers and acquisitions. This course considers the various practical implications associated with investing and divesting in companies for commercial gain or to enhance efficiencies. M&A
M&A Analysis in Full
In this hands-on training course, the case study walks participants through every step of the process, starting with valuing potential targets, understanding fair value adjustments and goodwill computations; and culminating in group financial statement construction, focusing on earnings accretion, dilution and other key ratios.
This course will provide you with the following tangible insights:
- Build and analyse the key metrics in M&A analysis, based on cashflows and accounting
- Calculate aggregation models using acquisition and equity accounting
- Understand the role of taxation in an M&A transaction
- Develop flexible and powerful funding, returns and scenario analysis, which can be used in future models.
- The importance of M&A modelling
- Understanding the factors that govern the model structure and accounting treatment adopted
- Opening Balance Sheet adjustments
- Calculating goodwill
- Forecasting synergies and cost savings
- Managing working capital
- Standardising accounting policies
- Modelling debt: risk, return and ranking
- Group tax considerations
- Sources, uses and returns analysis (calculated and required)
- Rudimentary valuation techniques: computing exit multiples for Private Equity scenarios and the role of Internal Rates of Return (IRRs)
- The power of accounting ratios.
Who Should Attend
Aimed at both new and experienced professionals in the M&A arena, this course provides attendees with the modelling tools required to make more informed corporate finance decisions, investments and divestments.