Understand the Key Outputs
Love them or loathe them, it is mission critical that everyone involved in the business decision- making process should understand the purpose of the three primary financial statements: namely, the Income Statement, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow Statement. It is only by understanding the underlying concepts that you can avoid the common traps that frequently bedevil the unwary.
Simple, Straightforward Approach
Ever burnt the midnight oil trying to get a Balance Sheet to balance? Unable to reconcile different approaches used to calculate operational Cash Flow Statements? This course is focused on building models efficiently and effectively. Our simple process has been adopted by many seasoned professionals without resorting to balancing figures, circulars and macros.
Find out why our most common feedback is, “I wish someone had shown me this when I first started modelling”.
Interactive Case Study
Starting with a blank Excel canvas, this two-day course develops a small, straightforward model which enables our method to be demonstrated readily and practised comprehensively. By the end of the course, users will have built a full set of financial statements and will be able to repeat this process and apply it to their own model developments.
- Understand the difference between the three primary financial statements
- Develop a straightforward approach that can be used for all your financial modelling projects
- Get the Balance Sheet to balance in seconds
- Avoid common mistakes and pitfalls.
- Conceptual discussions: Income Statement, Balance Sheet and Cashflow Statement
- Setting up a model
- Formats versus styles
- Using checks intelligently
- The importance of the chart of accounts
- Modelling 101: let control accounts control you
- Deriving the appropriate methodology and sequential process using a case study
- Efficient management of opening Balance Sheet issues
Who Should Attend
Anyone involved in the key decision-making of a business who wishes to understand the mechanics of financial modelling, from CEO to graduate, chartered accountant to entrepreneur.