A New Course, Of Course
16 December 2016
This week saw the successful completion of the first running of our new three-day training course, the catchily-titled “Power Pivot, Power Query and Power BI”. Yes, maybe we need to change the name. We’ll get back to you on that one.
Assuming you know how to switch on a computer and have access to Excel 2010 or better (with one or two caveats), this course covers all you need to know to hit the ground running with Microsoft’s powerful suite of data analysis and business intelligence tools.
This course covers:
- the basics: how to manipulate PivotTables and create Tables in Excel
- the power of Power Pivot: how to bring in data, why you should bring it in that way, how to link data from different sources and create calculated fields and measures using Data Analysis Expressions (DAX)
- the essentials of Power Query: how to automate tidying up data, manipulate it, and create directories to drop in source data
- the analysis of Power BI: using both the Desktop version an its online counterpart, learn how to create amazing interactive dashboards quickly. Access hidden insights within minutes and create an interface where end users can answer their own questions
- when to use what where and why: it’s daunting realising all the power at your fingertips. We help you identify the order to use these tools in to get the most out of your data.
Remember, from data you can get information. Information leads to knowledge and ultimately wisdom. Isn’t it time you wised up?