It seems to come around so quickly, doesn’t it? Microsoft has just released its latest Power BI Desktop updates into the wild. This month, on top of the usual visual and data connector improvements, there’s key features allowing users to interact with reports in new ways. The Q&A Explorer enables report consumers to ask their own questions about the data, and buttons let you add interactive elements on your reports.
The full list for this month is as follows:
- Q&A Explorer (Preview)
- Buttons to trigger actions
- Combo chart line styles
- Improved default sort for visuals
- Numeric Slicer now Generally Available
- Update your linguistic schema
- New DAX function: COMBINEVALUES()
- Organisational visuals now Generally Available
- Overview by CloudScope
- Icon Map by Altius
- Hexbin Scatterplot
- Adobe Analytics connector now Generally Available
- SAP HANA connector improvement: port selection
- Dynamics 365 Business Central connector.
As always, we'll be detailing these updates in our next (May) newsletter. Please remember we have training in Power BI which you can find out more about here. If you are not already a subscriber, why not sign up at the bottom of any SumProduct web page? And don't forget to download the latest version of Power BI Desktop here too.