March 2020 Updates for Power BI Desktop
12 March 2020
The latest release sees new button actions, a multi-column sort for tables, a dual axis for line chart, a search for the Filter pane, updates to the decomposition tree and plenty more. In this update, Microsoft also released a Preview of an enhanced dataset metadata feature, which they deemed “…will be foundational for XMLA read / write and for management of Power BI dataset and the migration of Analysis Services workloads to Power BI”.
Here's the complete list of March updates:
- New action types for buttons
- Multi-column sort for tables
- Dual axis for line chart
- Filter pane search
- Updates to decomposition tree
- New Ribbon is now on by default
- New DAX function: COALESCE
- Waterfall chart by xViz
- Updates to ArcGIS Maps
- Azure DevOps dashboard by Data Maru
- TeamsPower by Encamina
- Query diagnostics is now Generally Available
- Hive LLAP connector
- Cognite connector
- Enhanced dataset metadata (Preview)
- Using default system credentials for web proxy.
As always, we'll be detailing these updates in our April newsletter. Please remember we have training in Power BI which you can find out more about here. If you are not already a subscriber, why not sign up at the bottom of any SumProduct web page? And don't forget to download the latest version of Power BI Desktop here too.