June 2017 Update for Power BI Desktop
15 June 2017
June sees in quite a few new updates for Power BI: it's clear the momentum of recent major changes is far from over. This month has many updates to reporting and accessibility features, with important improvements in data connectivity as well.
In summary, the following updates have been released:
- Data bars for new table and matrix visuals (Preview)
- Markers on line, area, and combo visuals (Preview)
- Visual font family setting
- Horizontal image slicer
- Combo chart formatting updates
- Bing maps improvements
- High density line sampling
- Accessible reports
- Custom Data Connectors support
- Power BI service Live Connect to On-premises and Push streaming datasets
- Impala connector is now generally available
- Amazon Redshift connector is now generally available
- SAP BW connector - DirectQuery support
- IBM Netezza connector (beta)
- Add Column from Examples enhancements.
As always, we'll be detailing these updates in our next newsletter (July). If you are not already a subscriber, why not sign up at the bottom of any SumProduct web page? And don't forget to download the latest version of Power BI Desktop here too.